Latityude caters to all age groups for career and mental health counselling. However Psychometric assessments are available for students from class 8th to class 12th only.
The more a career is in sync with our innate skills, strengths and talents, the higher the chances of success leading to a better life and overall happiness quotient. Imagine Sachin Tendulkar trying to be Asha Bhonsle or Beckham trying to be Steve Jobs. One is sure to perform far better in a career that is aligned to his/her personality type, skills and strength.
It is important to focus on our professional growth and success but at the same time it is important that our mental health also remains sane so that we can enjoy our professional achievements. Often certain factors bring us down emotionally /mentally so much that we are unable to enjoy whatever we have achieved after years of tolling and hard work. It starts effecting our life and happiness.
All these – peer pressure, bullying, anxiety, relationship issues, trauma etc. we can face at any point in life and anywhere - at home, at school, at work, at office. Often they are due to actions and behaviours of others. We may not be able to change others but we can certainly equip ourselves to handle such situations better.
• To define skills, values, and personal characteristics
• To target opportunities that match talents and interests
• To identify area of improvement and achieve excellence
• To assess natural inclination for further studies and future jobs
• To plan career goals and action steps
• To select a college major or course of study
• To identify, shortlist and explore careers and occupations in order to get started in career search.
The test is based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality.
The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator or MBTI is an introspective self-report questionnaire designed to indicate psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions.
The theory speculates that there are four principal psychological functions by which humans experience the world –sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking –and that one of these four functions is dominant for a person most of the time.
The test then goes on to classify individuals in 16 distinctive personality types that result from the interactions among the preferences. The test involves some elements of MBTI but it does not fully depend on it, as MBTI has been criticized for exhibiting poor validity and reliability. In order to address this criticism, the test apart from using MBTI also uses Item Analysis, Assessment Norms and Validity scores.
The MBTI is frequently used in the areas of pedagogy, career counselling, team building, group dynamics, professional development, marketing, family business, leadership training, executive coaching, life coaching, personal development and marriage counselling. It is used by 89 of the Fortune 100 companies.
This test is powered by Mera Career Guide (MCG) a powerful student’s assessment engine. MCG is listed with National Skill Development Corporation for Innovation in Career Counselling and is on the Panel of Ministry of Labour for Career Counselling Services
• It conducts an in-depth psychological profile to assess interests, aptitude and ability of students.
• Students are given multiple choice questions to answer and there is no pass or fail grade
• These questions relate to student’s personality, interests, aspirations, aptitude and areas of strengths
• Based on the student’s answers, the stream selector generates a report giving personalised stream suggestions to students
• If the student is honest in his answers the results is fairly accurate and is very useful in deciding on the streams most suitable for each student.
• Taking a planned test followed by a discussion based on the test creates a sense of seriousness among students, which goes a long way in effective career planning
Since it is an online test the report is generated immediately but a detailed discussion with the counsellor can be planned later.
Not necessary. It is an online career assessment test, which can be taken either from school or at home; the only requirements for this test are a computer and a working internet connection. In case of location being some other city, counselling session can be held over Skype or phone.
It takes around 45 minutes to an hour to complete. All questions are multiple choice ones and there are no right and wrong answers, there is no time limit to complete the test. However 90% of test takers complete the test within an hour.